Sunday, October 26, 2014

Week 9: Exactly

This week we continued to gather facts about finances and marketing information. I requested that people from marking make a draft of all the little thing that they can think of that they may need to get our company name out. I asked that they could get it posted by Friday. I figured four days would be a good amount of time to do some research.
I looked over the documents that several of the team members posted.


I learned a lot from looking over these documents, and I post my personal   One of the biggest things I learned was trying to weigh cost and efficiency. For instance, in the software options document, there are free software options. I made a point that questioned if the free cost is worth it if team members would have to learn how to use them. In the back of my mind, I was think of the old saying: time is money. While not paying for a program is nice, would it be better to just eat the cost if it meant that people could work immediately and be more comfortable. Another point was related to the marketing options. There was merchandise items that I was wondering if we as a team would plan to sell in the immediate future or once our name is out there.  I realized that for now in terms of finding a budget, we should only look at immediate expenses; all of the merchandise items were for future plans. Another big point I learned was the necessity for precise numbers. Some of the merchandise had a price, but I felt as if there could be more pieces of information. For instance, there was a possible idea of selling balloons. The helium tank was listed between $45-$60. Also there was a package of 15 balloons for $44. This looked fine at first, but then I realized there are possible problems that could occur.  An example I gave was for the helium tank. Was the price range for a certain size tank but different distributor costs, or was the price range for different size tanks? Also, how many balloons can a single tank fill? If we want to sell 30 balloons and a single tank fills 10 balloons then we would need to purchase two more tanks. These may seem really specific, but as a member who is working with money I need exact numbers or near exact. These are just some of the things that came to mind while reviewing possible purchases for the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment