Friday, October 10, 2014

Week 8a: Thoughts So Far

We're entering the 8th week in the course and I just wanted to share some thoughts so far. The main thing that comes to mind is about the company. I think that sixteen people for a start up company is too much.  I used good 'ole Google and looked up indie game companies. I looked at a wikipedia article that listed indie game companies, and I looked at a decent amount of the companies.  I would say that the majority of these companies were founded with I'd say around three people on average.


However, our company is working with five times that many people. I understand that this is a course, so things would most likely not be the same with an actual start up. One thing I've learned with working with this big of group is not everyone will get heard. I try to have input in discussion, but I know there are people that don't participate a lot. Sometimes it's probably due to shyness, but other times I think it's because most of the time they may not know when to join in. In addition, there naturally is a bit of a hierarchy where certain people participate more not only that but also some of the ideas/thoughts from people who don't participate much are disregarded a little. Basically, your idea may be heard but it will not always be accepted and/or looked further into.


Overall, the course is very interesting and has made me think about the game industry in a way I never thought of. I do like working with other people. Also, the idea that our game that we're creating could actually happen, if we get chosen to make it, is really cool. I think it would be pretty awesome to create the game and I'm looking forward in the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment