Thursday, March 5, 2015

Front Remake and End of Sprint 1

A few weeks into the semester I had a go at making a very simple jab motion for the pikeman. However, now that several weeks have passed and I am more comfortable in pixel art, I wanted to redo the front attack. I wanted to see if I could use my better skills to make a more animated attack. Furthermore, I felt the the first animation did not fit with the other three sides. In addition, I updated the sprite sheet that I have for the pikeman.



The original attack is on top while the new animation is on the bottom. I learned a lot from this sprint. Primarily, I learned to better express shadows on pixel art, which I feel adds a lot more to the picture as a whole. I look forward to finishing up the rest of the "inbetween" animations such as an idle animation, death animation, and damaged received animation.



No comments:

Post a Comment