Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 5: Who's Buying?

A big aspect in creating a game is the target audience. This week I learned that there is a whole model to look at when it comes to finding a target audience. I learned that the company will want to be specific when trying to find our costumer. There are multiple factors to consider in this process. What type of game do we want to make? What age will our costumers be around? Will our game be free to play or pay for the game? Even that question has a few sub options. Since I'm part of the finance portion of the company, the main aspect that I look at is the free to play or paying. One option to consider is micro-transactions.


For instance, one game that I play is League of Legends which is free to play but has micro-transactions. One thing I've noticed is that I've probably spent more money or just about as much I have than my subscription that I pay to play World of Warcraft. Even WoW I've paid for additional things in game. I'd consider myself a whale.


No not that type of whale! But a gamer that pays a lot of money within a game. The things I pay for are usually aesthetics. For instance


By the way, yes, I do have all of those skins.These are the thing we as a company will have to consider. The game decides the costumer and the costumer decides the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment